Digital health and emerging technologies such as Generative AI’s ChatGPT and remote patient monitoring are increasingly becoming mainstream in medical practice at all levels. Osteopathic providers and learners are often behind the adoption curve and are last to receive the benefits of increased efficiency, profits, and importantly, patient outcomes. This collection intends to close the gap by providing clinically relevant, practical, evidence-based, digital therapeutic and AI-related content to an audience of practicing osteopathic physicians, students, and academic leaders. Participants will hear from peers in the digital health space at every osteopathic career level, from students to attendings to industry leaders, with the goal of designing a role for osteopathy in the future of medicine.
- Define virtual reality, augmented reality, and extended reality
- Identify use cases for XR technologies in medicine
- Describe the core initiatives at American Medical Extended Reality Association
- Prepare for a career in the future of medicine
- Discuss the value of the unconventional path
- Identify networking strategies
- Explore emerging technologies in medicine
- Explain how to integrate technology while still in medical school
- Identify skills to help advocate for yourself as a student
Start Date: January 24, 2024
End Date: January 23, 2027
Cost: Members: Free | Non-Members: $26.00
This course has been approved for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME Credit.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.