This symposium will address effective and safe treatments for patients with positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing who have mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms and are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 producing systemic complications, including hospitalization or death.
- Review the epidemiology of COVID-19.
- Identify current antiviral treatments for COVID-19.
- List the groups of patients recommended to take oral antiviral treatments for COVID-19.
- Discuss effective communication with patients on the benefits of and safe use of antiviral medications to treat COVID-19.
- Describe the benefits and side-effects of taking antiviral medications for COVID-19.
- Discuss the considerations for use of antiviral medications in patients on other drugs and those with underlying health conditions.
- Take a look to the future and answer the question: "What does endemic COVID-19 look like?"
Start Date: January 17, 2023
End Date: January 16, 2026
This course has been approved for 1.5 AOA Category 1A CME Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.