Method of Participation:
The fee for participation in this journal-based CME activity is $22 per article/credit hour. To participate in the activity, physicians will be required to take the following steps:
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Read the journal article.
- Complete the post-test and activity evaluation.
- Participants who successfully complete the evaluation and the post-test (scoring 70% or higher in a maximum of 3 attempts) will receive 1.0 AOA Category 1-B CME credit or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
After completing this activity, learners will be able to:
- Describe previous studies investigating associations between azithromycin administration and elongation of the corrected QT interval (QTc) on ECG and/or poor cardiac outcomes.
- Outline the results of the present retrospective review of 642 patients hospitalized with pneumonia who received azithromycin.
- Incorporate knowledge of cardiac risks after azithromycin administration when assessing its suitability for a variety of hospitalized patients, including those with COVID-19.
- Appropriately assess all risks considering this and prior studies, and counsel patients regarding the full risk-benefit profile of azithromycin.
Cost: Non-Members $22.00/Members Free
CME QUIZ Expires: July 31, 2022