Illinois Osteopathic Medical Society
The Illinois Osteopathic Medical Society (IOMS) is the professional association for osteopathic physicians practicing in Illinois. Our members represent various osteopathic medical practice specialties working in a variety of health settings across Illinois.
IOMS works to protect, advocate, maintain, and support the philosophy of osteopathic medicine for the benefit of the profession and the patients it serves by:
- Maintaining high standards of osteopathic education and practice;
- Encouraging and originating research;
- Collecting, publishing, and disseminating pertinent information for the improvement of the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and the public health;
- Striving to present the concept of osteopathic medicine and surgery to the citizens of Illinois so that this concept is understood and utilized;
- Supporting and advancing the goals of the American Osteopathic Association, as a divisional Society;
- Coordinating the activities of members and their districts
This program is being offered as a Joint Educational Activity between the American Osteopathic College of Pathologists and the Illinois Osteopathic Medical Society (IOMS). IOMS is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. IOMS designates this program for a maximum of 1 AOA Category 1-A* credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
*Note: the presentations offered by Mari Mino-Kenudson, MD and Jacqueline Junkins-Hopkins, MD will be eligible for 1 AOA Category 2-A credits.